Wednesday, March 9, 2011

When to Order Custom Wedding Invitations

Photo Credit: modmomME on Etsy
I've been getting a lot of late/rush wedding invitation inquiries lately. I'm unable to help because I'm booked and I hate turning brides away. So to help those of you who are still in the pre-invitation ordering stages of planning - if you know you want custom invitations, book your invitation designer sooner than later.

What do I mean by that? Well, I know my schedule, and I know that custom invitations usually take me 4 months to design, print and assemble.(Remember custom invitations are usually assembled by hand, which takes hours upon hours.) Since traditional etiquette states that you should send your invitations out 6 - 8 weeks prior to your wedding date, you'll want to start designing 6 months prior to your big day. You should have your designer booked prior to that time to be sure you can fit into their schedule. Most invitation designers book well in advance, so waiting until 6 months prior to your date may be too late.

Pin It!

No comments: