Thursday, May 7, 2009

Forty-one

That is how old I am today. Unbelievable, I'm not sure how it happened. I'm not just 40 anymore, I'm officially "in my forties". I realized that I've been 21 for 20 years. WowWee!!

We always treated our birthday like a major holiday in our family. We were spoiled all day, special meals, presents, cake...the whole shebang. My sister, who is in her thirties, actually takes an entire month to celebrate her birthday. She spreads her celebrations out among her friends...she has a lot of them, so I guess she does need an entire month to fit everyone in.

Being the introvert I am, I'm happy with one day to celebrate life and just "be". I scheduled a very light workday and I'm going to get a mani/pedi and do some shopping. I may even take a nap. (A true sign of someone who has been 21 for 20 years, I LOVE naps!) Tonight Bill and I are going out to dinner with my sister and her boyfriend. It's going to be a fabulous day! Being 41 years young isn't so bad.
Pin It!

7 comments:

pinkheathers said...

What a great picture....cute!

Audrey said...

You were really cute!! 41 was a horrible birthday for me. I'm not quite sure why being 41 hit me harder than 40 - but it did. Turned 47 a week ago , though I still think I'm 25. Hope you have an awesome day!!

Hypnotransformations said...

yay! Happy birthday! Mine was two weeks ago and I got a mani/pedi too!
Have a great day.

DolceBaci said...

Great picture! Happy Birthday!

Cherry Tart Design said...

I'm right there with you! Although it took me a minute to remember how old I was just recently. Had to do the math. LOL. Being 41 isn't so bad, especially when you still get carded for buying wine! Ha.

Happy birthday!

Stacey said...

sweet picture, hope it was a happy one

Maria Elena said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! CherryTart- I do get a little thrill when I get carded, lol.