Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008- I Will Miss You!

2008 was good to me. And thanks to another great assignment from Melissa at Operation Nice, I was inspired to sit down and make a list of all the wonderful things that have happened or I've done in 2008. Looking back, I worked a lot, but I managed to sneak some fun stuff in too!

So here is my list:

rang in NY 2008 with my parents in Florida, introduced Bill to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, launched Designed By M.E. Stationery, worked A LOT, jumped up and down when I got my first customer who wasn’t related to me, Philadelphia Flower Show, opened my Etsy shop, my 40th birthday, saw Eddie Izzard on my birthday, still being told I don’t look my age, celebrated 5 years with Bill (3 years married), survived gallbladder surgery and can now eat whatever I want without pain, busted with pride when Bill crossed the 10K finish line, discovered I love working from home, vacation in Mexico, took Jackson to the dog park, bought Rock Band & am proud to say I can hold my own on drums, lots of fun nights hanging out with friends and playing Rock Band, celebrated Nick & Irene's engagement, my first bridal show, started this blog, realized it’s ok to let the housework go a little bit, found a great group of paper peeps who inspire me, went to the Phillies Parade, discovered and became addicted to Facebook, same with Twitter, helped my sister when she needed it, lots of long walks with Bill & Jackson, had a great day with my college roomies, Steven Lynch at the House of Blues, received the most beautiful holiday cards from my paper peeps, realized how thankful I am to have a husband and family who believe in me

Happy New Year! Here's to health, happiness and prosperity in 2009! Cheers!!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wonderful!!! Wow, you just launched your stationery business this year?? It's AMAZING!! You've accomplished so much in 2008, I'm sure 2009 will be even better!!

Maria Elena said...

Thanks Melissa! Here's to 2009!!

{evy} said...

what a wonderful year for you! looking forward to seeing what 2009 brings. happy happy new year.