Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Troublemaker

Meet Jackson.


I've posted photos of him before, but I'd like to you meet him formally now. We don't have children, so he is our baby. And I think we have spoiled him rotten. He is four years old, we adopted him when he was two. He is very friendly, sweet and cuddly and sits at my feet all day while I'm working. I love having him around. Although he is very cute, he's also a troublemaker. He loves to steal socks, towels and any other dirty laundry he can get his little paws on. He thinks nothing of sticking his entire head in the trashcan in my studio and stealing a wrapper to a granola bar. I find him chewing on paper (which is always on my floor) at least once a day. We don't dare leave food unattended...he can reach the middle of our kitchen table if he jumps. He isn't allowed to do this, but he does it when we aren't paying attention. I know these are all normal yellow lab behaviors.

In the past two weeks, he's been a particular pain in the neck. He broke our screen door by running through it. He dug a small hole in our carpet. I hate the carpet so I'm not that upset, and it is a very small hole. The woman at Pet Smart told my husband that he tried to "attack" the hair dryer thingy while being groomed. We aren't sure what she meant by "attack", but my husband could hear him barking like crazy when he went to pick him up. Nothing like getting a bad report on your dog at Pet Smart. Yesterday, he pulled me up to a neighbor's door to say hello to their dogs who were barking at him. Very embarrassing.

I don't want to be the mean Mommy and stop spoiling him. But I must if I want to have a dog I can live with. Wish me luck! And if you have any advice, I'm all ears!
Pin It!

3 comments:

{evy} said...

Adorable. Hey, I posted a photo of mine today too! Total coincidence. They are both so sweet.

Erin @ Bride Design said...

Look at that face! So cute. I still have trouble being the "mean Mommy" to my own little human troublemakers at times, so I understand!

Julie said...

Maybe it's the "devil dog" time of the year. Just yesterday I caught one of my dogs (1) chewing up my second nice pottery barn pillow (he chewed up the other one a month ago) and then (2) up on the futon chewing on the corner of the cover. Argh!!!!