Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Love List

Melissa over at Operation Nice gave a great homework assignment- make a list of things you love.

There are some rules:
You can't include a single person you know on your list. No "I love the way my husband laughs" or "I love hearing my little girl call for me." It'll be tough, I know. But this particular little exercise is about stripping away everyone who defines you and figuring out what you (not his partner; not their mother/daughter/sister/friend) love.

Here is my love list...this was the best homework assignment ever!

I love the way it smells outside after a thunderstorm. I love seeing new tomatoes growing in my garden. I love sitting on our patio for hours on a summer night. I love snuggling into bed early and waking up early. I love watching elderly couples kiss and hold hands. I love Dunkin Donuts coffee with cream and sugar. I love TV shows and movies that make me laugh out loud. I love weddings. I love taking the first taste from an ice cream cone. I love the way the house smells when I make my gravy and meatballs. I love winning at Scrabble. I love the colors of the leaves in the Fall. I love taking naps. I love wearing flip flops until my toes can’t stand the cold anymore. I love finding pants off the rack that fit me in length (I’m 5’0, not easy). I love finding the perfect pair of shoes in my size (I’m a 5.5, not easy again). I love using coupons at the grocery store and actually getting stuff for free. I love my quiet morning time. I love pink and brown together. I love the feeling of the first day of vacation. I love to dance (I’m a silly dancer but I still love it). I love finding a close parking spot in a crowded parking lot. I love walking my dog. I love making lists of things to do on pretty paper. I love paper- the way it feels and smells and the things I can create with it. I love going to the library and puttering around for an hour or two. I love having the freedom to do what makes me happy.

If you have a list, please share...I would love to read it!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Thank you for doing this! Oh the parking spot one is so perfect. I'll actually sing a little song if I find a good parking spot! And I have to park in a garage for work every day, so when I see a lone empty spot on the ground level, I'm ecstatic for the day! :-)

Erin @ Bride Design said...

I too love winning at scrabble and puttering at the library which I never get to do anymore now that I am relegated to the children's room with my little girls. Honestly, I spent hours at the art library in college just looking at books and the discovering new artists. So many of those people still inspire me today. Thanks for sharing your loves!

Shannon Nora said...

Great list - thanks for sharing! I also love finding pants and shoes that fit, but I have the oppoiste problem - 5'11, size 12. The one about elderly couples made me smile :)

Vicki said...

I love quiet morning time too! I cherish the days I have to go into work (even though it's 5 am) because I get to eat breakfast by alone and watch the morning news. It feels so selfish!